Participatory model for the sustainable management of marine and coastal resources and for cross border habitats, biodiversity and ecosystem services safeguard.
The main goal of the project BLUE LAND is to develop and implement a participatory and ecosystem-based model for the protection and safeguard of marine and coastal resources, habitats, biodiversity and ecosystem services. This model will represent a form of management comparable to that of a Marine Protected Area, with the added benefit of a broader ownership of the goals within the local community and a lighter procedure in the implementation of management policies. The project represents a new approach to the governance of marine and coastal resources, as it fosters mechanisms for the involvement of local communities in biodiversity protection.
|Total budget||1.114.349,19 EUR|
|EU Contribution||IPA co-financing 85%|
|Duration||2018 / 2020|
- Common model for participatory management and monitoring of biodiversity and ecosystem services in selected marine coastal areas (BLUE LANDS)
- New ICT products for monitoring and information activities
- Activation of BLUE LAND pilot initiatives in Italy, Albania, Montenegro
- Instituti për Ruajtjen e Natyrës në Shqipëri (AL)
- Ministarstvo poljoprivrede i ruralnog razvoja Crne Gore (ME)
- Univerzitet Crne Gore (ME)
- Centre International de Hautes Etudes Agronomiques Méditerranéennes - Istituto Agronomico Mediterraneo di Bari (IT)
- Istituto Cooperativo di Ricerca (IT)
- Agenzia Italiana per la Cooperazione allo Sviluppo (IT)
- Dipartimento Agricoltura, Sviluppo Rurale e Ambientale della Regione Puglia (IT)